The read-a-thon is almost here and I plan to do updates every hour. At least, I hope so. I will start with:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I’m reading from Bucharest, Romania.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Beautiful ruins by Jess Walter.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Chocolate, of course.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I’m Georgiana or Lorellei and I love books. I like reading and making reviews with my opinios.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This is my first read-a-thon so I’m looking forward to reading as many pages/books as possible.
I have to go now, the read-a-thon is here!!!
56 pages read from Beautiful ruins. This book is amazing, I love every single word from it.
Classic Words of Wisdom
My favourite “Classic Words of Wisdom” is from The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoyevsky: “It is better to be unhappy and know the worst, than to be happy in a fool’s paradise.” This is why I read books, they don’t show me only the beautiful side of the world, but also the tragic one. But why do I want to find out about this side? Maybe because I don’t think that “life in pink” is realistic. Maybe because I want to find interesting ideas that will blow my mind. I don’t want to be happy by ignoring facts.
74 pages from Beautiful ruins. I enjoy this book so much, the writing is so beautiful and the story is funny and sad in the same time.
4 seasons 4 books
The translation is : Beautiful ruins
Translation: The Book of Intimate Grammar
Translation: The end of the story
Only 32 pages from Beautiful ruins. But I’ve done all the challenges so far, so I’m happy.
Total: 162 pages
I’m back with 62 pages read from Beautiful Ruins.
I’m back with 36 pages read from Beautiful Ruins and two challenges: My reading story and Goodreads Battle of the Books! I don’t like this evolution, but that’s all I can do for the moment.
84 pages from Beautiful ruins!
Best of my Reading Year
Best Book of Your Reading Year : Stoner by John Williams
Best Romance Book of Your Reading Year: Beautiful ruins by Jess Walter
Best Author of Your Reading Year: Margaret Atwood
Best Cover of Your Reading Year: Ultima iluzie by Porochista Khakpour
Best Fiction Book of Your Reading Year: Intre cer si pamant by Jón Kalman Stefánsson
One book finished: Beautiful ruins by Jess Walter, I’ve read 49 pages in this hour and reached a total of 393 pages. 5 stars on Goodreads.
Now I’m reading The color of magic by Terry Pratchett on my Kindle.
I’ve read 15% from The color of magic, it is nice and funny book. This is also the asnwer for the next challenge:
Blame it on the bloggers!
Cristina from Our Book Palace loves the style of Terry Pratchett, so I added The Disc World on my TBR.
20% from The color of magic, food robbed me! That means that I’ve read 60 pages from this book. Keep going!
10% from The color of magic+ 10% of Burial Rites= 65 pages read
So…total of pages read in this read-a-thon: 518 pages in 24 hours! Yeeeyy!
Let’s end this with a challenge (End of event meme):
- Which hour was most daunting for you? Well, hour 19 or 20 because I am pretty tired and not completely satisfied with the number of books finished.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Maybe Game of Thrones, fantasy is perfect for this read-a-thon
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? It was perfect, I don’t have any suggestions.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The challenges were there for a break and the reading in the first hours was pretty good.
- How many books did you read? Three, but I haven’t managed to finish them all.
- What were the names of the books you read? Beautiful ruins, The color of magic and Burial Rites.
- Which book did you enjoy most? Beautiful ruins
- Which did you enjoy least? The color of magic
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? -
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will participate for sure as a Reader, maybe a Cheerleader.